Alex and I get a lot of questions about fast meals. And there is nothing quite like seared tuna as an easy dinner idea. Seared ahi tuna is one of the most delicious foods on the planet, and it literally cooks in less than 5 minutes! Put it together with leftover veg or rice and you’ve got a quick dinner. When we started this website, we mainly posted vegetarian and vegan recipes.
- 6 ounces high quality ahi tuna (sashimi grade recommended; wild caught if you can find it. Frozen is okay, just thaw it in the refrigerator before serving)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- For serving: we used leftover Crispy Breaded Cauliflower, Pickled Onions, Sauteed Spinach (use sesame oil), Rice, and Yum Yum Sauce (or Spicy Mayo)
- Pat the tuna dry. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned on the outside but still rare the inside. Slice the tuna against the grain into 1/2 inch slices. Serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here: https://www.acouplecooks.com/seared-tuna-a-5-minute-dinner